Sunday, October 19, 2008

What it means to me

Once, I was talking to a fellow passenger on the train in India.  He asked, "What do you mean by 'One World, One Family'," which is what's printed on my business card.

I said:

"We all are brothers and sisters — you, me, the engineer — everybody.
"It doesn't mean I have to agree with you or even like you, but if you stumble, I will help you get up.
"It means we are all on the same train.  When there's a train wreck, we all suffer."

What does "One World, One Family" mean to you?

1 comment:

Madisyn said...

sara I wasn't mad at home rotary. you guys are what are keeping me from just breaking a bunch of rules and getting sent home. I love D5110, but D4550 is a terrible example of Rotary.

and trust me, they deserve it. you guys don't! :)